First Church is committed to continued Christian growth and seeks to provide varied opportunities for education and fellowship. Please contact Pastor Tish Bowman at 451.2879 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Click here to register for adult opportunities Online.
Adult Education Opportunities We believe that adult church school is a place to learn about our faith and how it affects our lives. We also believe that we can learn from each other. A wide variety of topics are covered. The classes provide information to stimulate thinking, discussion and new ideas while getting to know the people in the class.
Not A Silent Night
//Three class options available:
- Beginning Sunday, November 16 from 9:30-10:30 am led by Rev. Dick Youells and Mr. George Bob in room 3107
- Beginning Sunday, November 16 from 5:00-6:30 pm led by Rev. Letisha Bowman in room 3109
- Beginning Wednesday, November 19 from 10:00-11:00 am in the game room at Clark Retirement Community. Led by Rev. Dick Youells and Mr. George Bob
//Sundays, November 2 - 23, 5:00-7:00 pm in room 3108 //‘Tis the season to share. To love. To give ourselves to something bigger than any of us. ‘Tis the season to turn our heads, tune our hearts, and worship a savior whose birth turned this world upside-down. Make each day leading up to Christmas a day to worship Jesus fully. Join us before Advent to learn how to fully embrace the season filled with hope.
//Classes will be led by Bob Callery, the Regional Coordinator with the Area Agency on Aging in West Michigan in room 3108. Sign up online to indicate which date you are planning to attend.
- Sunday, November 2, 9:30-10:30 am //If you are new to Medicare (at or near age 65), join us for details, answers to your questions, and other useful information.
- Sunday, November 9, 9:30-10:30 am //This class is for those who are over 65 and need to enroll for 2015.
Ongoing Adult Opportunities
- Book Club — Meets second Wednesday of the month at 6:00 pm in area restaurants to discuss current books. Contact Marlys Davis, 735.3339.
- Fixin' 'n' Fellowship — Meets year round every other Thursday morning at 9:00 am in room 105. We start the day with fellowship over coffee and baked goods, and then tackle minor repairs needed throughout the church buildings.
- Moms’ Group — This is a wonderful opportunity for moms of young children to meet and support each other. Kids and dads are welcome too! Click here to see when our next event is.
Older Adult Opportunities
Join our many activities and ministry programs planned especially for adults who are 60 or more years of age!
- 60's + Luncheon — A catered lunch and short program. Meets the third Monday of the month at noon in Wesley Hall. Does not meet Januray, February, July, and August.
- Retiree Bible Study — Meets at 11:00 am on Monday mornings at First Place. Using the daily and weekly devotions from Christian Linving in the Mature Years, this group offers lively discussion and wonderful fellowship. New members are always welcome.