First Church is committed to continued Christian growth and seeks to provide varied opportunities for education and fellowship. Please contact Pastor Tish Bowman at 451.2879 or email@example.com if you have questions. Please sign up for additional adult education opportunities by using the contact information listed below.
Click here to register for adult opportunities Online.
Sunday Education Opportunities
Sunday classes are offered in a drop in format. We believe that adult church school is a place to learn about our faith and how it affects our lives. We also believe that we can learn from each other. A wide variety of topics are covered. The materials used do not require preparation, but provide information to stimulate thinking, discussion and new ideas while getting to know the people in the class.
ADULT SUNDAY CLASS: NOOMA A two-week drop-in series featuring Rob Bell’s Nooma videos. The class will be video- and discussion-based. Classes are Sunday, May 5 and 12 at 9:30 am in the parlor. Led by Jess Rozga DeBoni.
Click Here to Register for Classes Online.
Ongoing Adult Opportunities
- Book Club — Meets second Wednesday of the month at 6:00 pm in area restaurants to discuss current books. Contact Marlys Davis, 735.3339.
- Fixin' 'n' Fellowship — Meets year round every other Thursday morning at 9:00 am in room 105. We start the day with fellowship over coffee and baked goods, and then tackle minor repairs needed throughout the church buildings.
- Dinner for Eight — Participants will be assigned to three groups of eight, one in the fall, another in winter, and the third in the spring. Dinners take place in a host's home and each participant provides a dish to pass.
- Life Changing/High Commitment Study — There are a number of intensive, year-long classes held, including Disciple Bible Study I, II, III, IV, & Jesus in the Gospels, Christian Believer, and Companions in Christ.
- Long-Term Experiences — Some groups meet for a specific purpose on a regular basis weekly or monthly throughout the year, some in homes, others at church. The focus of these groups may be fellowship, sharing, prayer or study. Many started as short-term study group whose members decided to continue together.
- Moms’ Group — This is a wonderful opportunity for moms of young children to meet and support each other. Kids and dads are welcome too! Click here to see when our next event is.
- Short-term Study — During Lent and Advent, 4-6 week studies of a particular book or topic are offered to small groups.
Join our many activities and ministry programs planned especially for adults who are 60 or more years of age!
- 60's + Luncheon — A catered lunch and short program. Meets the third Monday of the month at noon in Wesley Hall. Does not meet Januray, February, July, and August.
- Retiree Bible Study — Meets at 11:00 am on Monday mornings at First Place. Using the daily and weekly devotions from Christian Linving in the Mature Years, this group offers lively discussion and wonderful fellowship. New members are always welcome.
- Second Sunday Lunch Bunch — Meets the 2nd Sunday each month after worship for meal and fellowship.